- Landscape Architecture
- Delaware, Ohio
- Ohio Wesleyan University
Following the Campus Master Plan in 2007, Ohio Wesleyan University again teamed with The Collaborative to improve the campus aesthetic.
The first phase of improvements creates a more aesthetically-pleasing environment along the heavily-traveled pedestrian way between student housing and the academic portions of campus.
The BELTway, named in honor of Arthur A. Belt, a 1934 OWU graduate and football player, also connects main campus to the University’s sports facilities. The pergola and circular walls compliment the character of the nearby Meek Center, also designed by The Collaborative.
The improvements, designed to keep with the campus’ historic image, also include Founders’ Plaza. Appropriate for outdoor functions, the Plaza accommodates daily circulation, donor walls and seating areas.
The University also replaced the original 1909 Memorial Gateway, which now provides ADA access from street level to the campus. The design of the new Gateway is respectful of the previous stair, while the increased scale provides significantly improved pedestrian access.